SANDCASP has some great workshops and training opportunities coming your way! Save the dates!
- On September 9th, we welcome Leah M. Smith, Associate General Counsel, from SCLS of California for a workshop on Legally Defensible Assessments and Manifestation Determinations. Registration is NOW OPEN!
- On November 17th, we will bring back the highly regarded Dr. Jerome Sattler to present on the 7th edition of his book, “Foundations of Behavioral, Social, and Clinical Assessment of Children.” Dr. Sattler will cover guidelines for conducting behavioral and personality assessments of children, COVID and children’s adjustment, and he will respond to questions.
- On January 18th, SANDCASP welcomes K Thomas from Project LIFE at North County Lifeline for a workshop focused on human trafficking, including specific issues that impact victims/survivors and how to effectively work with them in a client-centered, culturally appropriate, and trauma-informed manner.
- Plans for a training focused on Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports (MTSS) are in the works for March!
- In April, SANDCASP plans to bring you the renowned Dr. Steven Feifer to present on his latest assessment, the Feifer Assessment of Childhood Trauma (FACT).
We will also have a multi-part Motivational Interviewing training series beginning in October.
Please note that, as with everything these days, the above workshop dates and specified topics are subject to change.