You are not alone. If you or someone you know needs support or is in crisis, reach out to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. You can call or text 988 or use the online chat at 988lifeline.org.
SANDCASP wants to remind you that September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month (SPAM). As the school year is now in full swing, it is a good time for school psychologists to revisit best practices in suicide prevention and intervention. Review the resources and websites linked below to learn more.
- NASP Preventing Youth Suicide
- CASP Suicide Prevention Position Paper
- NAMI Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- SAMHSA Help Prevent Suicide
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center